Monday, March 20, 2006

Sunday Morning Sidewalk 3/19/06

Today, the plan for the show was that there was no plan for the show. Today was also my first appearance for the Spring Fund Drive. We did well, I think...well, better than I've done on Sunday Morning Sidewalk during a pledge drive.

A word on pledge drives. As much as you don't like hearing people beg for money on the radio, I don't particularly care to beg. I mean, I really wish we had a patron donor that could take care of all of our funds needed to run the station, but we have no such entity. Until we do, we'll have to have pledge drives. I feel like everyone gets stressed out during these two weeks, both listeners and programmers. I know the last 3 pledge drives, I've felt like calling this gig quits and leaving KEOS altogether due to lack of interest or at least, lack of pledges. I do feel that The Loose Logic Set would work more sucessfully in other cities...to coin a phrase from Dylan...I'm stuck in College Station with the Austin blues again.

At any rate, here's the setlist for Sunday Morning Sidewalk

Jerry Garcia - Commercial Radio - Acid Test Reels
Gil Scott-Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Phil Lesh with Graham and Brian Lesh - Hello Old Friends - Lesh Raps More Phil
Wilco - The Late Greats - Kicking Television
Ryan Adams - Blossom>Life Is Beautiful - Cold Roses
Mike Gordon and Leo Kottke - The Grid - Sixty-Six Steps
R.E. M. - Try Not To Breathe - Automatic For The People
Django Reinhart - Moppin' The Bride, Brazil, Danse Norvegienne, I'll Never Smile Again, Night & Day - Vol. II
Keller Williams - Cracka Ass Cracka - Stage
Phish - Julius - W. Palm Beach, FL 11/2/96
Phish - Bouncing Round The Room - Laguna Seca Daze 5/29/93
Bob Dylan - A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall - Gaslight Cafe October, 1962
Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - Kashmir - No Quarter
Neil Young - Prarie Wind - Prarie Wind
R.E.M. - Gardening At Night - Dead Letter Office
Beatles - Blackbird - The White Album
Grateful Dead - Dear Mr. Fantasy - Without A Net
Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night - Unplugged in New York
Grateful Dead - Deep Elum Blues - Chicago, IL 11/17/78

__________________

Hold on folks, only 12 more days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home