Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The Assault Weapon Ban and Defending The Indefensible

As of Midnight, people are now able to purchase assault weapons described in the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

The Brady site has an FAQ on what the Assault Weapon Ban covered.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/faqs/?Page=awb

Among the features that were banned were the optional GRENADE LAUNCHER! That's right, I don't studier...GRENADE LAUNCHER! What the fuck does any law-abiding citizen need to do with a grenade launcher!? I mean, good God, if you're hunting a deer, you're going to ruin your deer trophy or your deer meat with a grenade launcher.

I know I'm obsessing about the grenade launcher thing, but come on, who really needs to fire off that many rounds per second, unless of course, you're killing human beings...In particular, cops. I kinda like cops. We have a real nice relationship. I don't bother them, and they don't bother me. Works out great.

So let's synthesize a hypothesis here. Assault Weapons Ban lifted + over 1,000,000 jobs lost = a safer America? I think not. If anything, this makes America UN-safe. At least Urban America. I guess this is why people from rural and suburban areas are still able to defend this indefensible administration. They have no idea what's going on outside of their own little bubble and thus think that everything must be ok. Meanwhile, people are losing income, our air and water becomes more polluted, our energy supplies are dwindling. What will it take to wake these people? My folks are country as they come, but they're not voting G. Dub & The White Collar Criminals back into office. They have seen their friends lose hours at work and eventually lose their jobs. They've seen how so much of the furniture industry is now in China. Communist China? What's that mean to you Mr. I'm-A-Red-Blooded-American!?

Do you even give a flying fuck, or do you continue to defend the indefensible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home