Sunday, February 27, 2005

A time to think of in honest cynicism...

I got to thinking like a non-U.S. citizen today...and I thought to myself, "Self, if you were in another country other than the US of mother-fuckin' finger lickin' good of A, would you be kinda wary of Americans if you knew that a little over half of the money that's paid into US tax revenues went to the US Department of Defense...to the Pentagon. Why if I were the ruler of said other country, I'd be kinda curious about the ramifications of xenophobing Americans from those countries all together."

Then I replied, "Well what kind of surrender monkey do you think I am!? Of course I would lock them out and throw away the key!"

Then I retorted, "Why, that's proposterous! What could you possibly know about Americans by seeing what their government uses their tax dollars for?"

Later, I responded, "Well...nothing really, I mean, hell, 57 million of us tried to vote against an administration that would prefer to give more money to war than it would give to peace."

Yeah, so if you are reading this and know folks in other countries, send them this messege, "We're not all a bunch of christo-facists over here. Most of us are really decent but simple people. The kind that you would find in any village along the Rhine or any farm in Provance. The point being, I ask my non-US citizen friends to please be patient with us. We're just going through that self-righteous age of empire that all the rest of you in Europe have experienced over the course of the past 2ooo years. To the Middle East and China, it's more like 6000 years or so.

Hmmm...well...I think it's important for us to note that most every Empire has been bred out of a dangerous dosage of patriotism which leads to an epidemic of Jingoistic proportions. The sooner you cut us away from your banks, and thus make us have to be responsible for our own spending, the sonner you'll see us go back to the ideals of America. Values like cheering for the underdog, believing that we must give our next generation more than what we had, believing that we are no stronger than the weakest link among us...and instead of breaking the chain we temper the weaker ones to make them stronger. We help them so we can help ourselves.

I guess this kinda talk makes me a damn fool idealistic hippie...a hopeless academic...a human being...human.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home