Thursday, March 31, 2005

Fare Thee Well, Terri Schiavo

In the Spearhead song Everyone Deserves Music, Michael Franti tells the story of the creation of the first human being. This story comes from the Iranian poet Hafez.

The first human was sculpted out of mud by the Creator. There was a soul that was flying around, and the soul was able to fly anywhere, and the soul was so happy because it was FREE! But the Creator said, "Soul, I have big plans for you. I want you to go into this body of mud so the first human can come to life." The soul looked back at the Creator and said, "Are you fucking kidding me!? Why would I want to go inside a body of mud when I am so FREE!" So the Creator looked at some angels that were sitting nearby, and the Creator said, "Angels, I want you to play some of that beautiful angelic music." So the angels played the music, and when the soul heard the music, it was so inspired that it thought, "What better place to be, than inside a BODY! Where I can dance if I want to! Where I can sing if I want to! Where I can throw my hands up in the air if I want to! Where I can scream if I want to!"

Go forth, spirit, explore and be FREE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home