Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tuesday Toast & Jam 7/26/05

Can I make a confession?

I am close to burnout. and nothing brings me there more than fund drive season. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be excited about fund drive, but folks I am close to being worn out. I've never been that much of a salesman anyway, and now I walk into the studio and there's like ump-teen (it's a Mississippi number...falls somewhere after several, but before a mess) fliers in the studio saying, do this, and say that, and...and...and...

"ARUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

to quote Howard Dean.

I mean, I felt like I was in that Albert Hitchcock movie The Birds where the kids are in the schoolroom looking out at all the birds gathering around the schoolhouse. In case you didn't follow, I was the kid inside the schoolhouse and the fliers were the birds.

Despite doing what all the signs said to do, no funds poured in. Fund drives always seem to bring out the inner panhandlers in each of the programmers at the station, but like I said, I've never been much of a salesman, and my inner panhandler perfers to listen to music than to beg for change. Yeah, my inner panhandler sucks at panhandling, but man does he love music.

So with that, here's what you heard today...



Tuesday Toast and Jam for July 26th.


Artist - Song - Album of Show

Phish - What's The Use - The Siket Disc
Mellowship - Mafreless - Mellowship
Tim Reynolds - Stream - Dave Matthews Tim Reynolds Live At Luther College
Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station - New York City, 9/12/91
Bob Dylan - I Pity The Poor Imigrant - New Orleans, LA 5/3/76
Allman Brothers Band - Intro>Statesboro Blues - Live at The Atlanta Internation Pop Festival 7/3-5/70
Keller Williams - Victory Song - Home
Particle - Whole Lotta Love - Austin, TX 6/15/05
Little Feat - Skin It Back>Fat Man In A Bathtub - Boston, MA 10/31/75
Umphrey's McGee - Miss Tinkle's Overture - Anchor Drops
Kudzu Kings - Down In Mississippi - Jubilee Jam, Jackson, MS 2001
Gov't Mule - Slow Happy Boys - The Deepest End
R.E.M. - Lotus - Up
The Beatles - Day Tripper - Past Masters - Vol. 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home