Monday, August 15, 2005

Tracing a random throught

This past weekend was pretty busy for me. Didn't really get a chance to completely let go until Sunday. That isn't to say it wasn't fun, just that it took a lot out of me.

So start out on Thursday evening. Had some last minute paperwork to attend to at the university before my folks came in for the weekend, so I got home quickly to prepare some enchilladas for them (Thanks to Leann for showing this to me. Hey, I think I might have improved it though, tell me if you're interested.). Anyway, it was a good meal and we sat and talked for a little while before going to bed. I took the futon.

I woke up early to get to the university to turn in that paperwork before heading off to the graduation ceremony. At the last moment I realized that I didn't bring any reading material for the graduation ceremony, so I picked up a pen and a couple of pieces of paper to doodle on while I was out going through this useless gesture to bring some sense of pride to my folks. This is what I came up with when it was all said and done. Also played chess on my cell phone when the diplomas were being handed out. Bastard ingravers made an error with mine so I have a form in the tube my diploma was supposed to be in...bummer...total bummer. Have to get this form into the A&M offices over near the metro center which is located in Bryan. Maybe I'll take care of that tomorrow after the show. At any rate, here's what I drew during the ceremony.



I call it: Tracing A Random Thought

So, instead of doing the "proud graduate" picture with my folks, I charged right back to the psychology building to make sure this paperwork went through then headed directly back to my place. We met Heather later that afternoon for lunch, and then went out to the Grimes County Fairgrounds for The 2005 Navasota Blues Festival. That was a blast, but maybe too much of one seeing as how I was pretty tired when I left there. Sleeping on the futon wasn't always the best way to get rest. I switched between the recliner and the futon to get a reasonable amount of sleep.

Saturday, we toured the older buildings on the Texas A&M campus. I headed out for a show I had agreed to tape a while back then came home for some sleep. Basically just vegged out all day yesterday. After one rollercoaster of a week, that was exactly what the doctor ordered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home