Saturday, August 14, 2004

My Summer Vacation (Part 2)

Getting back from a festival is always a let down. You've been in this magical place where people don't give you shit for smoking or drinking or eating anything you damn well please. This year, I came back with something extra: my recordings. I went home first. My folks were kinda upset that I'd grown my hair even longer and a full beard. Granted, I hadn't had a shower for like, a week, so my hair was all over the place. I'll admit that I looked like a damn sasquatch. Anyway, once I had a shower and combed through it, they were ok with it. I had to hide it from my grandfather though. Mom thought that it wouldn't be good for him to see me like this. It's just hair. Hell, the only reason we cut it is because it was a good practice for hand to hand combat back in the days of the Roman Empire. Seeing as how I'm not looking to fight anyone, I don't think it should matter if I decide to get a crew cut or grow my hair so thick that I look like cousin it.

After moochin' off my folks for a week, I came back to College Station. I was just in time for Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. I didn't think it would show here. After all, this is College Station: Home of the George H.W. Bush Library and the Lowry "Clear Channel" Mays Business School. Why would they show something so radical as a Michael Moore movie? Well, it was here on opening day! We went to the 7 pm showing and had to sit at the very front. I hate sitting at the front. All the heads on the screen are distorted. After about an hour, my visual system had adjusted and all the heads on the screen looked ok. It was an enjoyable film, but you know, I already knew all the facts that Moore presented. Between BBC News and Democracy Now!, most of the information in Fahrenheit was a re-hash. Nonetheless, it was entertaining.

More to come...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home